Visit here to view 3D Art: http://slurl.com/secondlife/UWA%20Winthrop/209/128/248 or direct link here: UWAArtHere.
(a very short vid of a few of the many wonderful exhibits to view, play in and vote on)
Visit the UWA site to learn more information on the UWA 3d Art Challege Finale and prizes here: http://uwainsl.blogspot.com/2011/10/grand-finale-uwa-3d-open-art-challenge.html or direct link here: UWA3DArtWebSiteHere.
Check out the Machinima IV contest information here: http://uwainsl.blogspot.com/2011/11/machinimuwa-iv-all-80-entries-winners.html or direct link here: UWAMachinimaContestAwardsHere.
Note there is a 350,000 prize pool including L$20,000 audience participation awards.
Many of us have enjoyed some of the best art in SL all in one place monthly in the UWA 3D Open Art Challenge area and it's now time for the People's Choice Grand Finale. Deadline for submission is November 30, so check them all out now. Prizes listed toward the bottom of this post, but also note huge prizes just for voting. That's right great prizes for the winning artists but also for some attendees just for voting-see rules below.
I won't say what my favs are but a few that I especially enjoyed today include Fuschia Nightfire's "Sillhouettes" which I found to be an interesting concept as well as a fun exhibit to try out and "The Matter of Ideas" by Gleman Jun which also was a cool concept and fun to watch. While in my Fuschia's shadow avatar I went ahead and jumped into Nish Mip's "Turning the Tide" as it's also a piece about making a difference and I like the colors and exhibits for a picture. There is so much to see and do and I really appreciate all the artists contributions and UWA for running and sponsoring this.
Be sure to visit the UWA web site for more information. I have their site on my sidebar for a quick jump over there or direct link above. Their information note that I received from JayJay says it all best so I will just quote parts of it here:
FULL INFO ON BLOG AS WELL
We've come to the end of the MONTHLY rounds of the UWA 3D Open Art Challenge and now we're looking for the People's Choice Grand Finale winners!!!!
To have your say in who you think should win, all you have to do is choose between the art pieces listed below (landmarks are provided to each artwork)
There are two categories to be decided;
* Best Non Scripted Artwork
PRIZES FOR VOTERS
3 Lucky voters will win for themselves L$5,000, L$3,000 & L$2,000 respectively + Special RL UWA packages posted out to you!
(Full Prize List at Bottom of NC)
To make your vote count, we ask that you:
* Submit a notecard entitled 'People's Choice Vote UWA (YOUR NAME)'
* List your top 10 preferences for EACH category IN ORDER.
* Send your entry to both Jayjay Zifanwe and FreeWee Ling by the 30th of November 2011.
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED FROM 6AM SLT, SUNDAY 11th of December.
WHO CAN VOTE
1) Everyone can vote (with some qualification - see next item)
2) If you, your alts or your partners work is part of the Grand Finale, you will still be allowed to vote, but you cannot list your own work or that of your partner in your top 10
FINALISTS FOR UWA 3D OPEN ART CHALLENGE (Please give me a Top 10)
The 59 finalists for UWA 3D Open Art Challenge are located at the LM provided above. Here is a list of the works in the running:
1. FLY WITH THE WIND by Josina Burgess,2. FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE by Miso Susanowa,3. THE GLOWING SERPENT by Ginger Alsop.,4. LAZER BALLS by Betty Tureaud.,5. DREAM OF THE COLD SLEEPER by Typote Beck.,6. IL PLEUT SUR MON COEUR COMME IL PLEUT SUR LA VILLE ("It's raining in my heart, as it's raining in the town") by Cherry Manga.,7. TRAVEL IN THE SHADOW OF TECHNOLOGY by Anley Piers.,8. PARANORMAL FROTTAGE by Misprint Thursday.,9. THE ILLUSIONIST by Gleman Jun.,10. LIGHT TOWER by Betty Tureaud,11. TURNING THE TIDE by Nish Mip, 12. CHOOSE YOUR BLOSSOM by Suzanne Graves
13. SYMPHONY IN THE BARREL OF A GUN by Arrow Inglewood, 14. PLANET CENSORED by Anley Piers, 15. STRANGE PLANT...UGLYNESS & BEAUTY by Claudia222 Jewel, 16. THE RHYTHM OF MOOD - Lea Supermarine & Jarapanda Snook, 17. DIGITAL GLOVE by Misprint Thursday
18. THE WILD WILD WORLD OF ILLUSION by RazorZ & Olga Soulstar, 19. THE MINOTAUR OF CARTON by Typote Beck, 20. ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND by Cherry Manga,21. SHATTERED by Ginger Alsop, 22. THE FRAGILITY OF THE SOUL IS NOT A DEFECT by Gleman Jun, 23. SPANISH BULL by Silene Christen,24. TROIS PETITS TOURS ET PUIS S'EN VA (Three little turns and it goes away) by Josiane Sorciere, 25. JUNGLE CHALLENGE by Dusty Canning, 26. THE DOCK SPIRIT by Scottius Polke, 27. ULTRA VIOLET by quadrapop Lane, 28. THEATRE OF WAR by Miso Susanowa, 29. VENUSTRAP by Claudia222 Jewell, 30. ONE AND FOUR TIMEBOARDS by L1Aura Loire, 31. UNE HORDE DE CORDES by Aristide Despres, 32. 5x8 COMPUND CUBE by Wizard Gynoid, 33. TIME AS A HELIX OF SEMI-PRECIOUS STONES by Miso Susanowa, 34. THE HUMANICAL FROG by Lollito Larkham, 35. HERE COMES THE SUN by Sledge Roffo,36. TV MORNING EXERCISES by Dusty Canning, 37. PIUME DI PAVONE by Nino Vichan,38. DANGLING NARROW CHAIN DEMONSTRATOR by Emilin Nakamori, 39. HARMONIES IN C GREAT (+) by Artistide Despres, 40. NOT EVERYTHING IS PLAIN BLACK & WHITE by Fuschia Nightfire, 41. LIVING FRACTAL by June Clavenham, 42. THE MATTER OF IDEAS by Gleman Jun, 43. THE SUPERHEROES BREAKFAST by Typote Beck, 44. DOWN ON THE DATA FARM by Miso Susanowa, 45. PETITE ETUDE SUR OLIVIER MESSIAEN by Artistide Despres, 46. OMNIPOTENT by Pixels Sideways, 47. THE CHASM by Oberon Onmura, 48. EXCERPTS FROM REALITIES by Glyph Graves, 49. THE ABANDONED DAUGHTER by Eliza Wierwight, 50. YOU CAN'T TOUCH HEAVEN by paleIllusion, 51. AUTUMN by nexuno Thespian, 52. THE CROSSING by Nish Mip,53. FANTASIA EN LA SOMBRA by Romy Nayar, 54. PRIMSCAPE DREAM by Sledge Roffo, 55. 99% by Harter Fall, 56. BLACK SHIRT by Misprint Thursday, 57. IN DREAMS by Blue Tsuki,58. SWALLOWED UP BY THE CROWD by Fuschia Nightfire, 59. L'IMPATIENCE by Josiane Sorciere, FINALISTS FOR THE NON-SCRIPTED (Please Give me a Top 10), The 24 finalists for the Non-Scripted Imagine Challenge are located at the above LM. Here is a list of the works in the running:1. THE COPPER BEECH by soror Nishi, 2. LOSS by Gingered Alsop, 3. MISS N by Suzanne Graves, 4. DAUGHTER OF THE WIND by Fae Varriale, 5. GECKO ON THE GEKKO by Yooma Mayo, 6. SHATTERED by Ginger Alsop, 7. THE FRAGILITY OF THE SOUL IS NOT A DEFECT by Gleman Jun, 8. TRIBUTE TO GOYA by Silene Christen, 9. MARIONETTE by Haveit Neox, 10. HISTORY IN CREAM by Haveit Neox, 11. FATA DANZANTE by Daco Monday, 12. SPATIAL by Sledge Roffo, 13. SPRING BOX by Cherry Manga, 14. TRUST by spirit Radikal, 15. TUNNEL WITH LIGHT AT THE END OF IT by RazorZ, 16. HURDLE by Corcosman Voom, 17. BEHIND COLUMNS by Harter Fall, 18. BIRDSONG by Cherry Manga, 19. YOU CAN'T TOUCH HEAVEN by paleIllusion, 20. STILL LIFE by soror Nishi, 21. 99% by Harter Fall, 22. THE REVOLT OF THE MANNEQUINS by Silene Christen, 23. USED PIECES by Secret Rage, 24. SMALL PIECE OF HELL, The Suicide Forest Infested by Harpias by Rebeca Bashly,
ON THE JUDGING PANEL ARE:1. Sasun Steinbeck - Creator of the Art Galleries of SL list at http://sasun.info/ArtGalleriesofSL.aspx, 2. Tayzia Abattoir (SL) Owner of The Oldest Virtual World Art Museum in SL, curator of the Aho Museum & Arts Simulacra on the NMC Campus and Relay For LIfe of SL Event Chair, 3. Lumiere Noir (SL) - Creator of the Ivory Tower Library of Primitives, 4. Dr. Phylis Johnson (RL) - Media Professor, Southern Illinois Uinversity, Author - Machinima: Aesthetics and Practice (a.k.a, Sonicity Fitzroy, SL Virtual Journalist), 5. Rowan Derryth (SL) - Art & Design Historian; Writer for Prim Perfect Publications, 6. Persia Bravin (SL) - Journalist and Media Producer (SL newspapers, magazines, radio and television, 7 Dr Carmen Fies (RL) - Second Life Lead: University of Texas San Antonio & UTSA Artspace, 8. Apollo Manga (SL) - examiner.com Writer & Novelist, 9. Jordan Whitt (SL) - Editor in Chief, ICON Lifestyle Magazine, 10. Mariposa Upshaw (SL) - Curator - Ventura Art & Jardine; Officer, Arts Council of Second Life, 11. Saffia Widdershins - Owner and Editor of Prim Perfect Publications, 12. Phillip Vought- Art Philanthropist & Founding Patron of UWA-BOSL Amphitheatre, 13. Bohemian Ghost - Owner of Summerland Estates, 14. Ally Aeon - Mixed Media Artist & Designer, founder Aeonia Artist Group, creator/owner of the art region Aeonia, 15. Lowell Cremorne - Metaverse Journal, 16. Apmel Goosson - Scandinavian Author/Publisher, 17. Odyssey - Fau Ferdinand, Jo Ellsmere & Lizsolo Mathilde, 18. BOSL - Frolic Mills & Editorial Clarity, 19. Pirats Art Network - Merlina Rokocoko & Newbab Zsigmond, 20. CARP - Josina Burgess & Velazquez Bonetto, 21. NORDAN ART - Flora Nordenskiold, 22. S&S Gallery OFA - TheDove Rhode, 23. The Workhouse Gallery and Art place d-oo-b - Eifachfilm Vacirca & Astarte Haalan, 24. project Z - Zachh Cale, Amase Levasseur & Chestnut Rau, 25. Tornado Gallery - Taralyn Gravois, 26. Bryn Oh - Pioneering 3D Artist of Immersiva Fame, 27. Mal Burns (SL), Metaverse News Aggregator and Broadcaster, 28. Dousa Dragonash (SL) - COO Metaverse Television, 29. Holala Alter - Representing OPEN THIS END, (University Philosopher in RL, writer and collector of virtual art, * Members of the PHI Designs & SL Art panels have artworks in the Grand Finale, and as such are not listed on the judging panel for the Grand Finale. along with the Main UWA panel who have been meeting monthly and have selected the works to be part of the Grand Finale:1. Professor Ted Snell (SL) - Director, Cultural Precinct, The University of Western Australia (RL, 2. Jayjay Zifanwe (SL) / Jay Jay Jegathesan (RL) - Owner of The UWA SL presence; Creator & Host of the UWA 3D Open Art Challenge; Manager School of Physics, UWA, 3. Raphaella Nightfire (SL) - Snr Writer Best of SL Magazine, Owner Sanctorum Gallery, 4. Len Zuks (RL) - Award Winning West Australian Sculpturist, 5. FreeWee Ling (SL) - Curator, UWA 3D Open Art Challenge,6. Laetitia Wilson (RL) - Assistant Professor, School of Architecture, Landscape and Visual Arts, UWA, 7. Lyn DiCiero (RL) - Editor, WA Artist's Chronicle,
PRIZE POOL, 3 Lucky voters will win for themselves L$5,000, L$3,000 & L$2,000 respectively, Overall 1st Prize: L$100,000, L$75,000 (2nd), L$50,000 (3rd), L$20,000 (4th), L$10,000 (5th) and L$5,000 each for 6th - 10th., Non-Scripted 1st Prize L$15,000, L$10,000 (2nd), L$5,000 (3rd), L$3,000 (4th), L$2,000 (5th) and L$1,000 each for 6th - 10th., People's Choice 1st Prize (Overall): L$15,000, $8,000 (2nd), $5,000 (3rd, People's Choice 1st Prize (Non-Scripted): L$8,000, L$5,000 (2nd), L$3,000 (3rd), * With thanks to our sponsors, MidnightRain Glas, Philip Vought, Patch Thibaud, Aino Baar and TheDove Rhode"