Friday, May 13, 2011

Dear Diary, It's Friday The 13th

COMPUTER RANT!

Dear Diary,
It's been a very long time since I've written. I've been meaning to write and rant about things since I've been having RL bronchitis for quite a while now, have RL and SL stressors (yes the magical SL bi-polarity is back again) and I just REALLY wanted to get stuff off my chest. I always seem to write you when I'm upset. I blog about the things I love in SL and I do LOVE SL, but today is Friday the 13th so maybe the best day for this letter to you, about the down side. Although I'd have to say that so far today is better than yesterday and perhaps the prior few weeks for me.

Anyway ok, so I've been having a few tiny quirks with my brand new for Christmas present Qosmio X505 gamers laptop that, as with all computers, I have a love/hate relationship with. But it is a great computer, fast, clear, I mostly loved it and what I didn't love about it probably has to do with my lack of computer knowledge and skills. Last night it died. I RAN it in and was told it's most likely the motherboard and I have to send it in for repairs. SOooooo now for quite some time, I'm going to be on my very old computer that is super slow, full of junk, & barely seems to work half the time. When it rains it pours. Just saying.. stuff happens. So here's my list of pet peeves and other junk in SL that bug me... I hope it helps me.


1. Male and female avatars that don't adhere to the "sister code". (I don't care if you don't have a sister RL or what, but to some extent everyone has to know what this is and if not, it's just common courtesy. It's basically if dating or have shown an interesting in someone don't hit on their sister or best girlfriend w/out fully discussing it with the girl you were with first. She needs a mental heads up. And for God's sake don't make an alt and two time them unless they are aware and want to be two timed.)
2. SL feet/toes-previously blogged -nuff said
3. SL Viewer 2-I say this while down on my knees begging LL to just spruce their viewer up so that I can conform like I would really like to. Meanwhile 3rd party it is.
4. So-called SL friends who can unfriend and walk away w/out any discussion about it whatsoever. Do friends do that?? Do humans do that? But then, I guess we are just avatars. Right? WRONG
5. SL names with a ton of curly Qs and stuff I can't read or tell what the name is, especially when they had a normal or readable name before but it's suddenly changed to some other unknown language.
6. Profiles that say something like... "If you dis my sis, I kill you.".. yeah whatever
7. ALTS that don't play fair.
8. SL glitches.. that's a given and no need to elaborate as we all know them
9. Brilliant face lights on a dark sim unless it's me using it to get lighting for a pic : )
10. Horrible dances, unless people are being goofy.
11. The bendy elbow and knees spots that don't look realistic and mess up my photos, and those creases around the nose/mouth area.. yeah yeah I know that is what photoshop is for. This also includes that female chest hollow area that looks horrible in some lighting.
12. Clingy or stalky avs.. ok I've been accused and guilty of this myself but I still hate it in others
13. Clothes that don't come with a photo included.
14. The occasional noob who will just flat out ask w/out prior discussion, "Can we sex?" Usually not speaking my language so that is literally how it comes out.
15. Did I mention SL feet, that includes shoes/prim feet that tend to change color when changing to a sim with diff lighting?
O well, I could go on and on... but really I do love SL.
Thanks for listening Dear Diary. And YES, my computer is under warranty.. YAY!
Sincerely yours, Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment