Friday, August 6, 2010

The Guild's New Video/Lowe Runo Machinima

"Game On!"
A short while back The Guild released a new music video "Game On" that I will link here. TheGuildGameOnHere. I can very much relate to many of The Guild's comedic situations and I love The Guild's regular shows, as apparently do many other "virtual world participants" according to their vast following as it falls into it's 4th season. Most SL'ers are very familiar with The Guild, but for anyone newer to this virtual phenomenon The Guild is a group of 6 real life people led by Felecia Day who are friends that play WOW and produce very short regular videos about this. It's a web series about gamers that started in 2007 and has won many awards. If you haven't seen this it is a "must view" for sure. I laugh so hard at every episode and they are short enough at 3-8 minutes to really keep my interest and leave me wanting more actually. A lot of people tend to talk about which character they associate with in The Guild, but my SL play is so varied I really see a little bit of myself in each of the female players.

Last year The Guild released their first music video, "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?" DoYouWantToDateOriginalVidHere. This was kind of a spoof on how sexy, cool, superheroish, or divine everyone makes their avatars but in real life.. it is usually not quite the case, yet even still it's fun to have a little dating, passion or "whatever" in the virtual world. The song has some classic lines. The video is about how Felecia goes on about how her avatar is "hotter than reality by far".. anyway.. it's one of my all time favorites and I was so lucky to be involved in a SL rendition of this produced by the famed machinimatographer, Lowe Runo. I am snatching a copy of it from his Vimeo stream to put here for all safe keeping for myself now that I think about this. I love the song and both videos. Recently someone did a fantastic job morphing the original which uses the real life Guild cast members on top of Lowe's SL avatar version for a very cute combination that sums it all up in Youtube. Check out Lowe's Youtube for his other great work while in there. He has been working on some excellent action flicks. LoweHere. Anyway, time to jump back in SL.. game on time!

Do You Want To Date My Avatar (Second Life Adaptation) from LoweRuno on Vimeo.



Ooops, I forgot to mention, my avatar is in the pink slave rags with long dark hair as one of the back up dancers. This was fun to make and there are some still pictures taken during the quick filming Lowe did over in Flickr if you want to see more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment