Visit the official web site here: http://geeksnerdssecondlife.blogspot.ca/
Strawberry Sign's Monday Meme has to do to with the Geeks 'n' Nerds event in SL. See it here: http://strawberrysingh.com/ I was going to blog this event anyway, so this meme makes the blogging just a little more fun!
I checked out the event. Their web site says: "About Geeks'n'Nerds
Now, what is the Geeks ‘n’ Nerds Fair? It’s an event that will be hosted by Wimey for amazing stores to showcase all things geeky, nerdy, and over all amazing that in all honesty, even though there’s a high demand for it in Second Life, There’s just not enough to meet this ever growing popular theme.
Each store will create at least one new item to fit the over all theme of the fair. It can be anything from sciences, literature, popular TV shows, fandoms, whatever you think that best represents the spirit of this wonderful theme."
The event is a lot of fun. I picked up this picture in a gotcha (above). There are plenty of things you can poses on and buy. There are clothes and novelties and some fun retro stuff too. Check it out for a little SL fun and some good geeky buys.
Now for Strawberry's Meme challenge:
So here are the definitions and meme instructions:
- Geek (n.)- Someone who is smart, enjoys video games, comic books, being on the internet, etc… and usually has a passion or hobby that they obsess over.
- Nerd (n.)- A socially awkward person with a very high IQ. They gain pleasure from amassing large quantities of knowledge about subjects often too detailed or complicated for most other people.
- Dork (n.)- Someone who is a bit socially awkward, has odd interests and is often clumsy. Dorks are typically more noted for their quirky personality.
- What do you consider yourself to be? Geek? Nerd? Dork? None of the above? All of the above?
2. What was the first computer you ever owned?
I think some HP desktop. I also played a little on my brother's Commodore 64 but that as sort of boring then. I recall the old coding days, that really ruined things for me for years until they figured out hardly anyone needs to know how to code. Let those people do it and I will enjoy. My brother does that. bleh
3. When and how did you first get on the Internet?
AOL e-mail. I don't know what year that was but I sort of resented feeling obligated to get in and get my messages. I was very real life. I never got too into the Internet, face book, etc., until I found SL. Now I love to browse the Internet, YouTube etc., but SL has me hooked.
4. Which geek fandom do you subscribe to? I guess none except SL.
5. Star Trek or Star Wars? Both! I can't pick on that really. I loved both but don't really consider myself one of "those people" who go all out, remember all episodes, dress up for theater premiers etc.
6. How Geeky Are You? http://toys.usvsth3m.com/how-geeky-are-you/
My score was a 44%. Ok, that's weird, as its higher than Strawberry's. I'm really not that geeky or techie or whatever. Not at all. This thing says about me: "You’re just “meh” with technology. One minute smugly downloading a cool new smart phone app to show off, the next staring in despair at the Microsoft Word help system to write a simple letter" Well that was fun, maybe I am a little geeky after all. : ) I'm quite sure a couple of my SL friends are shaking their heads if they are reading this, knowing just how NOT geeky I am with the computer since I'm always lost and asking for computer help.
(Just a few more pics from the Geeks 'n' Nerds event.. check it out.. lots of fun.)