Monday, May 15, 2017

Off to the Races!



Visit Jericho Hill Sports Complex here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jericho%20Hill/114/117/2657

and Red Devil, Rubbin is Racing NASCAR Raceway here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Red%20Devil/237/9/2761

(here are a couple of  different video links to the NASCAR final race https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ryElrqmjko and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3tNkVOxTpc&feature=youtu.be&t=639

A friend, Ryde Thor, invited me to the races and I figured since I've not seen formal car racing before in SL I'd go watch him.  I'm glad I did because it was very fun to watch.  He did well Sunday and Monday and explained to me how to watch for the stats, how some of the racers texture their own vehicles, or have him or others do it for them so they can make them exactly how they want them to look, and more of the details of the races, racers, and cars. He drove one of the stock cars at the Sunday location but took two of his own cars to the NASCAR races Monday.   I was impressed with the driving and only once Sunday saw a car wipe out and another hit it, but they recovered well.  It sounds like some of the guys and gals take their racing pretty seriously and some have known each other or raced each other for a long time on various tracks.  Their racing outfits are cute .. erm I mean .. cool too  Visitors can sit in the stands and watch a fav racer or race.

Of course I'm just a spectator.  NO ONE wants to see me race.. I'd prob knock them all off the track in no time or make my car fly, literally, as I've been known to do, so yeah I'm a spectator. They go fast and hug the track well.  If I raced I'd have to name my vehicle Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and God help the other racers.

The top 3 racers Sunday were Svenja, Biller and Ryde who stood on the winner's podium.  Ryde also placed 3rd in Mondays race out of about 20 racers and he took home a nice trophy for his efforts.   The top racers Monday where:
 1st. Donovan Michalski, 40 laps. Total Time : 820.065
2nd. Kim Link, -4.052 seconds.
3rd. Ryde Thor, -21.718 seconds.
 4th. Toone69 Resident, -1 laps.
5th. Goddess5806 Resident, -1 laps.
6th. Eagle Clawtooth, -1 laps.
 7th. Jimmi Mikado, -1 laps.
 8th. XxDeathLordJasonxX Resident, -1 laps.
9th. Taylor Aerallo, -1 laps.
 10th. LanceBrian Resident, -1 laps.
11th. delightfulcuisine Resident, -1 laps.
12th. Gaberiel Foulsbane, -1 laps.

Someone took the above video and also the 2 linked NASCAR finals video of the event so you can get a feel for it but check it out in person for the full effect. When you hear the engines rev you know it's going to be good.   (Video: RIR: Factory Stocks @ Pocono, 15th May 2017)

As Dale Earnhardt once said: "
"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car; it's the one who refuses to lose." or in this case, maybe the one with the best computer rig.. just saying LOL . .but there obviously is a lot of racing skill involved in all this really.
*****************************************************************
If you want to join in here is a little scheduling info :
              R.I.R Racing Series Schedule              Races are on these days every week
        Mondays: 5:00 P.M  R.I.R Grand Nationals  (Beginner) 40 laps
        Mondays: 6:00 P.M  R.I.R Factory Stocks  ( Beginner) 40 laps
        Tuesdays: 5:00 P.M.  Areo88's ( Beginner) 40 laps
        Tuesdays: 5:00 P.M.  Xfinity's ( Beginner) 50 laps    
        Thursdays: 5:00 P.M. R.I.R Camping World Series (Advanced) 70 laps  
        Fridays:  6:00 P.M.  Gen6 Sprint Cup  Series ( Pro) 110 laps                                              
OFFICIAL PRACTICE OPENS 1 HOUR BEFORE RACE WHERE ONLY THE SERIES CAR RACED WILL BE ALLOWED ON TRACK
 Times & Tracks are subject to change at any time. 12 weeks 12 races per series per season.
Top 5 in Points at end of season race for the Champion Chase on the Last Race
*****************************************************************
And for Jericho track:
.We'll be racing every Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. 6:30PMSLT for Final Practice, 7:00 - 7:15 before the sim closes. Full schedule coming soon.
Sunday will be Super Cups, with the Supertrucks being every Friday. IndyPro or Karts will race every Wednesday.
 Super Cups will take place for 80 laps. Supertrucks for 60 laps. IndyPro for 40 laps.


(my laptop is getting old so I apologize for the lack of quality of the pics but Ryde took the one of him with his trophy per my request for this post-for a bunch more of my photos at the races you can check out my Flickr by clicking any of the pics) Racing Races Racing Racing Racing Racing Racing Racing Racing Racing Racing Racing Racing

No comments:

Post a Comment