Sunday, August 3, 2014

KAGAMI 2014, A Japanese Horror Event August 1-31

game 10

KAGAMI


It's a game, a mystery, an explore, a place to get cool stuff, a story, it's KAGAMI.   I went in today after I first read about it on Honour's blog here:
http://honourmcmillan.wordpress.com/2014/08/03/kagami-2014-a-japanese-horror-event-in-second-life/
 Of course I had to see and try for myself.  This is another of the properties places where you are teleported around at various times via the game and there are spots it tells it's own story for you and gives clues.  It has a good story and has great photo ops and interesting places to see and explore.  It's also a mystery you try to solve.  You have to have your scripts down, but at the entry they have places you can check and do this.  Visitors accept a hud and use it to pick up things and to get clues, etc.  My first hud was not willingly picking up everything I found that I needed so I actually started over with a new hud and it still would not let me "get" everything (even less using the 2nd new hud). I was able to get some things but even detaching and reattaching the hud didn't let me pick up all I needed.  I relogged.  I have a half decent Alien computer but who knows.  I guess I will have to try again another day.  What I did see, was VERY cool and so much worth the visit.  I just hope I can finish some time.  


KAGAMI
Visit here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hakoniwa/128/128/23


Official Web site here: http://kagami2014.wix.com/secondlife


The web sit says: "
KAGAMI is an event with high game properties.
       We will hold it in coming August.
       ("Kagami" means "a mirror" in the Japanese.)
       The stage is a gloomy settlement.
       It's gonna be the best season to enjoy horror.
       Please come & see KAGAMI, a great Japanese horror event.
 
       Also, we will have a shopping mall area as a part of it.
       Every shop is fantastic!!
       In this website, we'll pick up their new products sometime.
       Please don't miss them.
 
       We, KAGAMI, are all looking forward to you visiting our event.
       And please be scared by Japanese taste horror:)
Open:  2014 Aug 1st 0:00 PDT (16:00 JPT)
Close:  2014 Aug 31th
PLACE: Hakoniwa"

 
KAGAMI


Addendum... So I'm updating this post several hours later after I took a break and resumed play.  In the first part I realized I could proceed without seeing everything on my hud as long as I knew I got what I needed and in the right order and it worked so I moved on to the 2nd half.  It was interested as it seemed the same area/layout only had some different elements /look to it and obviously more and different parts to the game.  The 2nd half I didn't have any problems with the hud or any part of it and it went much quicker.  Here's a tip when playing though, especially in the 2nd part, you sort of have to do things in the right order which you will figure out as you go along.  This was a nice challenge and interesting new way of things in SL.  So I did finish it and had fun.  Enjoy!


I also forgot to mention that at the end there is a fun shopping area that also includes Gotchas.


KAGAMI
KAGAMI
KAGAMI
KAGAMI
KAGAMIKAGAMIKAGAMIKAGAMI

No comments:

Post a Comment