Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hurricane Diane is Here! at St. John's Parish

Visit here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/St%20John%20Parish/128/128/24




 "It's Hurricane Diane. That's what's coming. Diane!" http://gabrielleriel.blogspot.com/2014/08/stormy-weather.html
  And so we all woke to the sound of heavy rains this morning.  The forecast called for gale force winds, high waves, and yes, hurricane Diane this weekend.  The neighbors and I sandbagged around our doors, some boarded up windows and back doors and we had stocked up on foods and candles.  Now we all are just waiting as the day darkens and the thunder and rains grown louder and heavier.  Out my back doors I see the waves crashing much to close to the street which is starting to flood.  I grabbed an umbrella and ventured out for just a bit but soon found myself ankle deep in water and as I scanned past the city to the bayou I realized much was if it is several feet under water already. I headed back home to write this up as I fear my 1st floor flat will soon be wet and I may have to take to higher grounds or spend the night with my second floor neighbors. There has been a public invite for all to a roof-top party this evening at 6pm at Ms. Portillo's that I plan to attend but by then I fear I will have to use my raft to make it safely there over the waters.  I may spend the night there if the storm seems too unsafe to make it home.  I have heard the eye of the storm is quite large and will also pass through giving residents some reprieve but the storm will resume and the forecast doesn't call for clear skies until Sunday evening, just in time for a ball that has been planned for some time now.  I image the neighbors and I will all have time to clean up a little before attending and taking stock of how everyone fared during this hurricane.  Please join us if you are a storm fan, its a rare and exciting event in SL.  Huge thanks to Ms. Gabrielle Reil for bringing this special weekend event, one that I have never observed in SL before... congrats on an excellent job! You are all welcome to pop into my small place to check it out this weekend too! Location St. John's Parish, Fictional New Orleans of the 20th century.




hurricane_033
Hurrican Diane in St. John Parish
Hurricane Diane at St. John Parish
Hurrican Diane in St. John Parish
Hurricane Diane at St. John's Parish
Hurricane Diane at St. John's Parish
Hurricane Diane at St. John Parish

No comments:

Post a Comment