- Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the second Monday in October in Canada.
- The Plymouth Pilgrims were the first to celebrate the Thanksgiving.
- They celebrated the first Thanksgiving Day in the fall of 1621.
- The Wampanoag Indians were the people who taught the Pilgrims how to cultivate the land.
- The Pilgrim leader, Governor William Bradford, had organized the first Thanksgiving feast in the year 1621 and invited the neighboring Wampanoag Indians also to the feast.
- The state of New York officially made Thanksgiving Day an annual custom in 1817.
- The annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade tradition began in the 1920's.
- Californians are the largest consumers of turkey in the USA.
- By the fall of 1621 only half of the Pilgrims, who had sailed on the Mayflower, survived. The survivors, thankful to be alive, decided to hold a thanksgiving feast
- Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November in the USA.
You've ever had Thanksgiving dinner on a Ping-Pong table.
Thanksgiving dinner is squirrel and dumplings.
You've ever re-used a paper plate.
If you have a complete set of salad bowls and they all say Cool Whip on the side.
If you've ever used your ironing board as a buffet table.
On Thanksgiving Day you have to decide which pet to eat.
Your turkey platter is an old hub cap.
Your best dishes have Dixie printed on them.
Your stuffing's secret ingredient comes from the bait shop.
Your only condiment on the dining room table is ketchup.
Side dishes include beef jerky and Moon Pies.
You have to go outside to get something out of the 'fridge.
The directions to your house include "turn off the paved road".
You consider pork and beans to be a gourmet food.
You have an Elvis Jell-o mold.
Your secret family recipe is illegal.
You serve Vienna Sausage as an appetizer. - See more at: http://holidaymetro.com/thanksgiving-jokes/thanksgiving-redneck-clean-funny-thanksgiving-jokes-riddles.shtml#sthash.EUw0EMaI.dpuf
(sooooo ewwww to the stuffing secret ingredient..bleh)
And finally a little Second Life Turkey Tail: (Don't forget there are tons of SL fun clothes, novelties, foods, decorations etc on the SL Marketplace and inworld if you look)
Have a happy Thanksgiving, don't eat too much, and remember to be thankful for what you have and show appreciation to those who have helped you! I am thankful for the friendship and support my SL friends. Thanks!