Saturday, January 1, 2011

Crotches in Second Life



This is probably not the most appropriate post to start my blog in the new year with (btw happy new year), but it is what it is.

After seeing some interesting and some disturbing crotch coverings in SL I thought I'd blog about it. I asked my good friend Burly Tigerpaw, for some assistance since unfortunately I have not actually taken any pictures of the unusual crotch coverings I have seen along my SL travels and figured he'd be in the know. I have a few of my own that go with costumes and some undies that are just "interesting" (must have been freebies) but wanted a guy's perspective on this subject and I figured with his SL modeling experience and many outfits he might even have something to model for me.

When I discussed this issue with Burly he advised me of the following: "A codpiece (from Middle English: cod, meaning "scrotum") is a covering flap or pouch that attaches to the front of the crotch of men's trousers and usually accentuates the genital area. It was held closed by string ties, buttons, or other methods. It was an important item of European clothing in the 15th and 16th centuries, and is still worn in the modern era in performance costumes for rock music and metal musicians and in the leather subculture." I assume he got this off the web definitions. Thanks for that but I wasn't really going for the technical.. but rather the "unusual" that seems to be more usual in SL than RL.. at least in the conservative Bible Belt area I reside in RL.


Some of our dialogue was as follows:
"[22:37] Kara Trapdoor: yeah : ) but I mean .. SL crotches can be funny at times... whether a cod piece or just a funky covering.. guy or girls
[22:38] Burly Tigerpaw: yes, but we also have jocks with adjustable sized bulges for them too
[22:39] Kara Trapdoor: hahah good to know"
Clearly we are good friends, but as I told him I have a guy alt for pictures and am aware of how that section can be adjusted as well and that I know there are adjustable coverings but wanted to see if he had anything unusual like things I've seen around. He came out with his Diabolicus from Rising Silks. I also modeled my spider woman outfit by Shouted Couture that has a spider crotch covering.. but these are costumes. My mind went more to the sometimes bejeweled look of Philip Linden's crotch area and also of the many maladjusted skirt pieces, and other unusual crotches.

I really wanted to see some of the normal (non-costume) coverings that I sometimes run across. I went to the Internet for this and Lo and behold I surprisingly found while researching this subject *cough* hehe.. a whole entire blog dedicated to SL crotches direct link here: CrotchBlogHere. http://crotchesofsl.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=14
This blog is a MUST SEE blog IMHO. After viewing their "history" on SL crotches be sure to hit their home and check out the various crotches they have highlighted. They cover everything from parasite coverings to labeling their photos with funny notes. I was pleased to find I am not the only one finding some amusement in this.

Ironically when I initially asked Brian if he had any cool crotches he could model for my blog he showed me a Flickr pic that has some reference to SL crotches (or lack thereof) he had just commented on. See here: BarbieHere.


: ) Enjoy your SL crotches.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always you have uncovered important data that was once hidden from view and delivered the goods right here in this bastion of truth known as Kara's Korner. Ms Trapdoor... I tip my hat to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.. was that your Full Monty hat? Alright then!

    ReplyDelete